Welcome to the Website for Avril Blamey & Associates
Avril Blamey & Associates are Planning and Evaluation Consultants who provide support for planning, implementing
and evaluating health improvement (and wider social) policies, programmes and projects.
- bringing 'evaluative thinking' into planning;
- applying and enhancing the existing evidence-base;
- building tailored monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tools;
- conducting monitoring and evaluation; and,
- developing clients in-house capacity for planning and evaluation.
Avril Blamey and Associates was established in February 2008. Whilst Avril works independently she also works with
a range of associates and contributes to research and evaluation conducted by other independent or
academic organisations and consortia.
Avril is qualified in Evaluation, Public Health, & Physical Activity/Sports Science and has delivered, supported and commissioned
numerous complex evaluations for Scottish, UK and local agencies. She has worked previously as a Senior Public Health Advisor
with NHS Health Scotland, a Research Fellow in the Health Promotion Policy Unit at Glasgow University
and as a Senior Manager in the Health Promotion Department at NHS Greater Glasgow.